Monday, February 08, 2010

MEDIA ROLE

My this post has nothing to do with the ways of living.Yesterday I saw the movie RANN, and it left me in thinking state.So, I just want to share my thoughts related to the role of media and politics in country's development.

Today, I personally feel that instead of providing news, Media has become an entertainment channel, for e.g I have never understood the logic behind the serials 
like saas-bahu ki saajish, whole coverage of serials like laughter challenge and other reality shows like Indian idol,etc.

We should look towards the west in this field and see that how sophisticated their channels are, like BBC,CNN,etc. The programs that they show even not related to news are also very revealing. Look at our channel,For e.g INDIA TV which has no other job except to increase the prevailing superstition in Indian Society, well I believe that there should be some censorship should be induced on the type of programs because today Media is very powerful and we cannot allow this power to be used in wrong direction.
Nowadays their is a trend of breaking news in indian TV , the first I saw this term was when Trade Tower was blown away and now we are having breaking news even if a child falls into a hole and all channels have no other work except to focus on that child. Dont get me wrong, I cannot understand directing the whole attention to that child in the time when everyday pur brave soldiers I ding in Kashmir.
I asked one of my friends in media about this, His reply was that Now everybody in India has become adjusted to the things prevailing in Kashmir and they do not want to listen to it anymore and are more interested in child like Prince. His statement mad me to remark that what has become of Indian Society, we are not feeling sorrow for the great martyrs of India in Kashmir and just directing our whole attention to the child.The only point I want to make is this that everynews should get attention according to its merit.
Previously only entertainment channels were in the TRP race but now News channels have also jumped into it.
I also wonders that News channel give due attention when some Neta is involvd in some scam, But when any politician does something good then there is no praise for him, Why? Argument is that he is only performing his duty. One time on one channel I heard that parliament is nothing more than a House of criminals and my most of the friends agreed to it, but I donot because if this were the case then Our country would not be developing at all, and Law and Justice would have no value. The only thing is that media gives lot of attention to negative aspects without paying due attention to positive aspects. So it i s my humble request to all media persons that if you have time then think about this, the exact role of media in country what should media exactly do for development of country instead of just thinking about the TRP.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about CNN and BBC but the whole media in the west is not serving us good... Whatever that is happening in our media is just an effect of what has already happened in the west.. You talked about child falling in a whole right, I believe even that has news value... But think of news like these- which of the celebrities are dating whom?What they ate for lunch?etc etc and this load of crap is coming from the paparazzi filled
    american culture....Take all the shit that is happening here it has already happened in the west!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you inspire, what I meant to say that you have to learn good things from others while ignoring the bad

    ReplyDelete