Thursday, July 08, 2010

Try for the best , expect the worst

Everywhere I have been reading that always expect the best results for your efforts and the best will happen , but for me this is only good for books and not for practical life . Afterall , life is not a fairy tale that what you expect and you will get it . In my personal opinion we should always mentally prepare always for the worst result .
One of my friends use to say "umeed nahi rakhni chayiye , umeedain tootti hain to bahut dukh hota hain." and I totally agree with him .
As Lord Krishna used to say in Geeta " Work but do not have the desire for fruits . "
Many will say that the only motivating factor for them to work is the successful result , Guys believe me I am no different from you. We all work only to acheive the proper result , what I mean to say that we should prepare ourself mentally that even if the things do not turn out as we have expected , it should not demotivate our spirit.
I have personally noted many times that my friends used to work very hard but if they do not get the desired results , then they becomes very upset and for some days live a life in a manner that the world has come to an end for them.
In the novels "the secret , as a man thinketh , think and grow rich " , everywhere they say that always expect the best results for your outcome , and then they give some motivational quotes about failure like "Failures are stepping stones to success " , " The more you fails , the more successful you becomes " , etc , etc.
But I have not understood one thing that why are you asking person to feel motivated in the beginning then if things turn out wrongly , then give him lectures about failures and other when he might not be mentally prepared to take it because he has become very disappointed .
In my view , it is better to expect the worst so that even if something wrong happens , your spirits are still on a high . If things turn out as expected then It is very good for you , if not then also nothing bad happens .
That is why I always use to say that "Try for the best and expect the worst."

No comments:

Post a Comment