Monday, June 14, 2010

take the first step

Yesterday I was reading a novel when I came across the lines
"You do not have to be great to start but you have to start to be great."
and I started thinking very deeply about it. It very frequently happens to us that we do not start something because we are afraid that there is no chance to acheive the desired result. It happens to all of us , it is natural but is it the correct way of deciding what to be done or not ?? I feels it is not . As I have previously said that fear of failure is one of our greatest fears and it greatly stops us from reaching to a level we are capable of.
If you want  something to do , just do it by giving your 100% and why to worry about results ? Afterall , God favours the fearless.
Being practical , There may be a chance that you may not get what you actually made attempt to but still this fact cannot be ignored , if you have not tried then anyway you are not going to acheive it so I personally feels that it is better to try and fail rather than not trying at all , afterall you are going to have satisfaction that at least you tried. 
"You are always going to miss 100% of the shots you didn't take."
Remember that
" The journey of thousand miles began with a single step. "
I have personally experienced that once I start the task then everything which looked difficult at the beginning surprisingly becomes easy with time and continuous effort and I am sure that you must have also experienced the same thing. If you have not , then I can only say that "You have not done anything in your life which is worth trying " Sorry but that is true .

So what and for whom you are waiting for , write down what you want to do and
just go and make the first attempt to do it .
Everything in the beginning seems to be difficult but just think that what could be our future if Edison , Bill Gates , Einstein hav not taken their first step . We all have the capability to affect the future and for that you need to have the great desire and the courage to take the first step and continuing your work with great dedication.

6 comments:

  1. wonderful... from starting to end...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot to all for appreciating me !!
    I also requests that if you do not agree with some points then please tell me about it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good thing about ur articles is that u keep it simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, like it is said "You can never go back and make a new beginning but you can always start and make a new ending"

    ReplyDelete